Our upcoming DD/ISE course is Tuesday, August 22-24th – Make sure to secure your spot in the first in-person 3-day Drydock/Internal Structural Examination course this year. Enjoy completing the course from our new training location in Channelview, TX. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to prepare yourself for success in 2023 and beyond, reserve your seat today!
This course will give surveyors who plan to conduct drydock and internal structural examinations of inspected towing vessels for compliance with Subchapter M the tools, skills, and knowledge to complete these examinations.
Who should attend:
- Marine surveyors
- Naval architects/naval engineers
- Coast Guard Marine Inspectors and Investigators
- Shipyard personnel involved in vessel repairs
- Port engineers
- Survey program managers
- Individuals who intend to conduct drydock and internal structural examinations of ITVs
Courses are open to TVIB Members, Non-members and Coast Guard
Questions? Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832.323.4175
In response to the challenges brought on by Covid, our team quickly transitioned our training from in-person classes to virtual delivery. As we anticipate the return to live, in-person courses, TVIB believes it is important to think about what we have done over the past three years.
In 2020 we pivoted overnight and (along with our students) learned to embrace virtual training. We worked to deliver an interactive, content-rich and engaging learning experience for our students and continued to develop new material and modules for our classes. We were driven to fulfill our mandate to provide the industry’s best training and are proud to say that, thanks to our students and staff, our classes continued non-stop throughout the pandemic.
As we return to the classroom, it’s important to remember the advantages of face-to-face learning:
- In-person training fosters discussions, collaboration and feedback, and promotes active participation and engagement. An environment dedicated solely to learning limits distraction and encourages active engagement.
- The energy of face-to-face interactions creates an atmosphere that encourages teamwork, peer support, and a sense of community among participants. It is hard to overstate the value of asking someone a question directly vs. sending a chat message.
- In-person training enables trainers to gauge learners’ understanding, tailor their approach and create a tailored learning experience. Non-verbal cues (a look of disinterest, fidgeting, etc.) from students are signs an instructor might want to change course, and these are difficult to interpret in a virtual classroom.
- In-person training environments provide opportunities for networking. Networking is one of the most valuable things to come from in-person training, but it is nearly impossible to do in a virtual classroom setting. Professional opportunities that might have organically arisen from conversation are lost.
- Face-to-face training allows students to receive immediate support, addressing learners’ questions in real-time.
We look forward to returning to face-to-face instruction: TVIB believes that in-person training is a valuable option, and the ability to form connections and network with like-minded professionals presents advantages that go well beyond instruction. We will continue to assess the training needs of our customers and, as THE TPO YOU KNOW AND TRUST, we welcome your feedback as we transition back to in-person instruction.
There are a few spots available in our Subchapter M Auditor Course being held live virtually Tuesday, June 13-14. If you have expressed interest in becoming an External Auditor this is the course for you. This course meets the requirements of 46 CFR 139.130(b)(4) for those seeking to perform external audits under a TPO.
The Sub M Auditor 2-day course teaches external (third-party) auditors how to audit a company’s TSMS, with an emphasis on those companies using the American Waterways Operators’ Responsible Carrier Program as the framework for their TSMS. It is open to both TVIB members and non-members alike.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or contact the office at 832-323-4175.
Discounts available for current members, TPO customer employees, and members of the USCG!