Paraphrased from the 07/01/19 USCG Maritime Commons Post.
July 1, 2019 the Coast Guard released a new version of the CG-2692 form (series), covering reports of marine casualties, commercial diving casualties, or outer continental shelf-related casualties.
This form is the result of an extensive initiative to overhaul the previous form, which had remained unchanged for nearly 40 years.
The new version of the form encompasses several changes, including, but not limited to:
- Revised addendum forms for barge involvement, personnel casualties, witnesses and chemical testing;
- Streamlined data fields to align with statutory and regulatory language; and
- Ability to be filled out entirely electronically, including the use of a digital signature.
TVIB wants to remind Owners/Managing Operators of towing vessels that the implementation of Subchapter M did not change the requirements for reporting of marine casualties as required by 46 CFR 4.05-1.
Below are links to download the recently updated versions of the forms:
- CG-2692 – Report of Marine Casualty, Commercial Diving Casualty, or OCS-Related Casualty
- CG-2692A – Barge Addendum
- CG-2692B – Report of Mandatory Chemical Testing Following a Serious Marine Incident Involving Vessels in Commercial Service
- CG-2692C – Personnel Casualty Addendum
- CG-2692D – Involved Persons and Witnesses Addendum