Critical Information and Resources for TVIB TPO Customers, Auditors and Surveyors
UPDATE – EFFECTIVE 09/23/2021
Due to the rise in COVID cases we are reinstating the process to request a Virtual Audit or Annual Survey until further notice.
- This ONLY applies to audit and survey activities that have a compliance deadline between now and December 31, 2021, that will not be attainable due to restrictions caused by COVID.
- We will evaluate this timeline on/before 12/15/2021, to determine if further adjustments are necessary.
- Back-to-back virtual events will not be permitted except in the most extenuating of circumstances and will require additional consideration prior to approval.
- At this time we are NOT processing requests for extension of deadlines. Should this change we will post an update.
TVIB Guidelines and Forms
- TVIB COVID-19 Contingency Plan for Subchapter M Compliance, revised 04/01/2020 (currently effective thru 06/30/2020, subject to extension or modification) – Click here
- TVIB Virtual Activity Request, revised 04/01/2020 – Click here
- TVIB COVID-19 Planning Webinar 04/02 Recording – Watch On-Demand, published 04/02/2020 – Click Here
- TVIB Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce COVID-19 (contains letter for auditors/surveyors that may need to transit to/from affected areas), published 03/22/2020 – Click here
- Health Alert – COVID-19 Strategies, published 03/09/2020 – Click here
United States Coast Guard Resources
- MSIB 13-20: Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Operations, published 04/03/2020 – Click here
- MSIB 12-20: Vessel and Facility Response Plans, published 04/02/2020 – Click here
- MSIB 11-20: Maintaining Maritime Commerce and Identification of Essential Maritime Critical Infrastructure Workers, published 03/27/2020 – Click here
- MSIB 10-20: COVID-19 – Guidance for Maritime Operators on Compliance with Federal Drug Testing Requirements, published 03/27/2020 – Click here
- MSIB 09-20: Vessel Inspections, Exams, and Documentation, published 03/26/2020 – Click here
- MSIB 06-20 Reporting Requirements, published 03/13/2020 – Click here
- MSIB 02-20 (Change 5) Novel Coronavirus – Update, published 05/27/2020 – Click here
- MSIB 02-21 (Change 3) COVID-19 Safety Requirements in the Maritime Transportation System – Click here
American Waterways Operators Resources – click here to access their COVID-19 Resources
To report a marine casualty, CG-835V, major non-conformity or unsafe condition call TVIBs
24-hour response line: 888-983-TVIB (8842)