Installment 2 – At the 2017 International WorkBoat Show, Chris Parsonage, TVIB President, presented on a panel discussing the TSMS option versus the U.S. Coast Guard Inspection option for Subchapter M compliance. Following is the second in a series of posts from that presentation.
What should my company do now, if choosing the TSMS option for Subchapter M compliance?
- Pick a TPO soon
- Evaluate my TPOs requirements for issuing the initial TSMS Certificate
- Can I utilize previous management and vessel audits or do I need to start over?
- Obtain a TSMS certificate at least 6 months prior to first COI application
- Survey all vessels and prepare a gap analysis to ensure all vessels can be in compliance by July 20, 2018
- Develop a plan for conducting all required management and vessel audits needed for initial COI issuance
- Talk to your local OCMI
- Apply for initial COIs
Questions? – Contact us at 832-323-3992