The ASTV Course is a requirement, if you are seeking TVIB Certification to become a Subchapter M Surveyor for conducting TVIB Third Party Organization annual surveys of towing vessels.
Are you performing surveys as part of an internal survey program? This course is ideal for you as well.
Since the inception of the training, TVIB has hosted more than 30 USCG personnel, including investigators and inspectors from across various sectors.
The combination of students from both industry and the USCG has proven to be an invaluable mix for the course, resulting in dynamic and informative discussion and insights.
There are a limited number of seats available for the final course for the year.
|DATES:||October 8-11, 2019|
|TIME:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|LOCATION:||15201 East Freeway, Ste. 214A, Channelview, TX 77530|
ACTSafe Training Room
Contact us today to reserve your seat. Click the image below for course information and registration.
If you have any issues registering or have any further questions, please feel free to contact Cindy Hunsaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paraphrased from the 07/01/19 USCG Maritime Commons Post.
July 1, 2019 the Coast Guard released a new version of the CG-2692 form (series), covering reports of marine casualties, commercial diving casualties, or outer continental shelf-related casualties.
This form is the result of an extensive initiative to overhaul the previous form, which had remained unchanged for nearly 40 years.
The new version of the form encompasses several changes, including, but not limited to:
- Revised addendum forms for barge involvement, personnel casualties, witnesses and chemical testing;
- Streamlined data fields to align with statutory and regulatory language; and
- Ability to be filled out entirely electronically, including the use of a digital signature.
TVIB wants to remind Owners/Managing Operators of towing vessels that the implementation of Subchapter M did not change the requirements for reporting of marine casualties as required by 46 CFR 4.05-1.
Below are links to download the recently updated versions of the forms:
- CG-2692 – Report of Marine Casualty, Commercial Diving Casualty, or OCS-Related Casualty
- CG-2692A – Barge Addendum
- CG-2692B – Report of Mandatory Chemical Testing Following a Serious Marine Incident Involving Vessels in Commercial Service
- CG-2692C – Personnel Casualty Addendum
- CG-2692D – Involved Persons and Witnesses Addendum