TVIB has partnered with SafeMARINER, LLC and ACTion group (d/b/a ACTSafe Training) in this Coast Guard recognized Marine Internal Lead Auditor course, which is designed to teach the specific skills and knowledge necessary to conduct and lead internal audits for commercial marine companies. This fast-paced, informative course requires active participation and successfully completing practical exercises, quizzes, and a final exam in order to earn a certificate.
This course meets the requirements of ANSI Z 490.1 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training and the requirements of 46 CFR 138.310(d)(2) for those individuals performing internal audits under Subchapter M.
*If you are a TVIB member please register through the member portal to receive your member discount.
**If you are a TPO customer employee or a Supporting Organization employee, please contact your company’s representative for log in information to obtain the member discount for this course.
2019 Course Schedule to be announced soon
Length: 2 days (16 hours)
Course binder and text provided
Standard: USCG Recognized for Subchapter M, ISO 9001, ISO 19011, ANSI Z 490.1 – 2012
Maximum class size: 30, with 2 instructors present throughout
Who Should Attend
- Internal auditors
- External auditors wishing to learn more about auditing principles and techniques
- Marine executives, HSE managers, operations managers, safety consultants and regulators
- History of marine auditing
- Purpose and types of audits
- The relationship between internal and external audits
- Characteristics of effective internal system audits
- Planning and scheduling the audit
- Conducting the audit
- Audit procedures
- Phases of the audit
- Competence for internal auditors
- Reports and non-conformity statements
- Tracking and close-out of non-conformities, corrective and preventative actions
- Management system fundamentals
- Plan-Do-Check-Act continuous improvement model
- Management system standards: RCP, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, TSMS , ISM Code, TMSA2 requirements for internal audits
- Aspects of ISO 19011: guidelines for auditing management system
- This course is appropriate for internal auditing of marine companies that follow one or more of the following standards, including:
- AWO Responsible Carrier Program (RCP)
- ISM Code
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001
- OSHAS 18001
- Tanker Management Self Assessment 2 (TMSA), Oil Companies International Marine Forum
- Offshore Vessel Management Self Assessment (OVMSA), Oil Companies International Marine Forum
- This course exceeds current RCP and regulatory requirements for internal auditor training for inland, coastwise and ocean (ISM Code) marine internal auditors.
Please note that TVIB reserves the right to cancel this course based on enrollment numbers and/or instructor availability no later than two weeks before the first day of class. TVIB will not be responsible for reimbursements to course registrants for travel/accommodation expenses.