Course Description: 3 Day Course
Subchapter M requires all inspected towing vessels that have obtained a Certificate of Inspection (COI) to undergo a drydock and internal structural examination (DD/ISE) at least once for freshwater vessels and twice for saltwater vessels every five years.
This three-day course will provide those surveyors who plan to conduct drydock and internal structural examinations of inspected towing vessels for compliance with Subchapter M the tools, skills and knowledge to complete these examinations, and provides a path toward an industry-recognized credential. *Pre-course online work is also required.
*Registration links at the bottom of the page.
Who should attend:
- Marine surveyors
- Naval architects/naval engineers
- Coast Guard Marine Inspectors and Investigators
- Shipyard personnel involved in vessel repairs
- Port engineers
- Survey program managers
- Individuals who intend to conduct drydock and internal structural examinations of ITVs
What will I learn in this course?
- Learn how to conduct drydock examinations of towing vessels and internal structural examinations
- Learn how to write examination reports that satisfy Subchapter M requirements
- Understand the relationships between the third-party organization (TPO), surveyor, vessel owner/managing operator, Coast Guard and shipyard along with the expectations for each party involved
- Understand how the vessel’s TSMS affects the DD/ISE process
- Learn how to apply guidance from multiple reference materials to assist in making determinations of whether an item’s condition is suitable for route and service
- Learn how to approve corrective action plans (CAP) that will meet TPO and Coast Guard expectations
* Following the successful completion of this course, individuals seeking to become credentialed DD/ISE surveyors must complete the application process and complete a practical demonstration of surveying skills, which may include a “check ride” with a certified TVIB Drydock/ISE Surveyor.
Individuals who do not intend to conduct drydock and internal structural examinations may attend the course to obtain a better understanding of what is entailed in these compliance activities.
REGISTER February 9-11, 2021 — VIRTUAL
REGISTER for May 4-6, 2021 – VIRTUAL
August 2021 (Dates and Location/Virtual TBD)
November 2021 (Dates and Location/Virtual TBD)