TVIB has partnered with SafeMARINER, LLC and ACTion group (d/b/a ACTSafe Training) to present this Risk Management Course. The one day course covers: Qualitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Risk Assessment vs. Risk Management, overview of the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard, best practices in JSAs and the “Risk Pyramid.” Participants will leave this course with a better understanding of what risk tools are and how to use select risk tools in a marine organization. Participants will be provided with a process to conduct Qualitative Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis. Principles of risk management including risk strategies will be covered.
Please note that although this is a stand-alone course, the Subchapter M TSMS Objectives for Management & Designated Persons course is presented the following day at the same training location.
*If you are a TVIB member please register through the member portal to receive your member discount.
**If you are a TPO customer employee or a Supporting Organization employee, please contact your company’s representative for log in information to obtain the member discount for this course.
2019 Course Dates TBA
- Length: One day (8 hours)
- Course binder and text provided
- Maximum class size: 30, Minimum class size
Who Should Attend:
- Internal & external auditors who want to understand Risk Management principals based upon ISO 31000
- Consultants who advise on RCP, TSMS and ISM companies
- Operations personnel wishing to lower risk and reduce incidents
- Designated Persons Ashore
- Anyone involved with TMSA3 compliant management systems
Course Highlights Include:
- Understanding the definition of Risk
- Reviewing four major marine incidents
- Understand the difference between risk assessment and risk management
- Discuss typical marine hazards
- Review methods for identifying risk
- Discuss RCP, TMSA3 and subchapter M Risk Requirements
- Review key ISO 31000 Risk Tools
- Learn scenario vs. task based risk tools and why its important
- Learn and practice a proven, simple JSA method (format provided)
- Learn and practice a proven Qualitative Risk Matrix process (hazard focus-format provided)
- Discuss risk reduction practices with Risk trained professionals
- Complements TMSA3 9A.3.3 training
- Bring your Sub M TSMS, RCP and TMSA3 questions to the course
- Certificates provided demonstrating your professional development
Please note that TVIB reserves the right to cancel this course based on enrollment numbers and/or instructor availability no later than two weeks before the first day of class. TVIB will not be responsible for reimbursements to course registrants for travel/accommodation expenses.